Shock Therapy Racing First Drag Racing Golf Cart Build

TerryH

The key word being...yet.
rotflmao.gif

You guys workin' on them carts?

TerryH

Couple more pics that I'm just now getting around to posting....

This is me and John Metric, president of the NEDRA at the NEDRA race in Sikeston. John built the battery pack that powers the cart. Pretty cool that the cart had the quickest pass of the day.

Our home away from home setup at the track....

TerryH

Made a few changes to the dragster over the past few days to save some weight and hopefully improve it overall. I moved the emergency kill switch to the rear compartment which saved 8 feet of battery cable and made it much more accessible for track workers in the event they ever need it...again.
rotflmao.gif

I also removed the PC680 AGM battery that I was using to power the 12v systems and replaced it with a much smaller and lighter alarm backup battery. The new battery is 6Ah and weighs 4lbs.

The major project was to modify the center battery compartment in the chassis so I could move the LiPo pack to it. I removed the old mounting points and fabbed a new battery tray that I welded to the existing structure.

The pack looks right at home in there. This saved 4.5 feet of battery cable which pretty much offset the weight of the battery tray so it's a win all the way around. I had the chassis centered on a jack and moved the pack until it was perfectly balanced from right to left which slightly offset the tray to the right. Having the weight of the pack centered and lower in the chassis has to be a good thing.

Here it is all wired up and ready to rock.

Pretty much looks like it grew there.
thumbup.gif

Motor is in Cali getting a couple of tweaks. Should be back next week. Hopefully next Saturday we'll be back at it trying to find that 100mph 1/8th mile.
tip.gif

TerryH

Last night was an exercise in how close can you get. Cart ran great but came up agonizingly short of the 100 mph pass and had a controller issue right before the last pass that would have probably put us over the 100 mph mark.
rolleyes.gif

Hard to be disappointed with these number though...

7.18 @ 89.78
6.97 @ 92.40
6.71 @ 96.44
6.58 @ 99.12
6.54 @ 99.91

The last 2 passes are the fastest and quickest ever for us and the quickest and fastest for the B voltage class and the quickest and fastest cart passes ever as well. We'll be submitting the form and the slips to NEDRA to certify the 6.54 @ 99.91 pass as a new world record.

TerryH

Thanks Rod. It was a good night. The crowd was really into it. Especailly once they figured out that it was going to go faster ever pass. Was very cool to have lots of people in our pit. We had a blast. .09 mph more would have been more of a blast but still.
rotflmao.gif

S.E.R.

Yep just sitting we haven't had a good weekend ithout rain in months.
Ive lived here for 58 years and can only remember 1 other time we've we have had this much rain.
I run the cart up and down the driveway a few times but that's it.
Without no racing going on anymore i think i will be puting it up for sale.
sad.gif