Guitars

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Here's a few of my guitars. I have many more but need to get some pics then I'll post them.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
lp-trad-01.jpg

Fender Stratocaster
Stratocaster1.jpg

Gibson ES-339
gibson-es339.jpg

Fender Stratocaster
fender-highway-one-stratocaster-02.jpg

Epiphone Flying V with Gibson Hardware and Pickups
epiphone-flying-v-1.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio
gibson-les-paul-studio.jpg

Gibson SG
gibson-sg.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Special
gibson-les-paul-special-sl-1.jpg

Fender Telecaster and Fender Stratocaster
fender-telecaster-01.jpg
mim-blue-strat.jpg

Godin LGSP90
godin-lgsp90-01.jpg

Takamine Acoustic and Martin D-16
takamine-jasmine-s-35.jpg
martin-d-16gt-01.jpg

Epiphone PR7E
epiphone-pr7e-3.jpg

Epiphone EJ-200
epiphone-ej-200-01.jpg

Andy4639

That my friend is a nice collection!!! Dang the Pawn shop guys would like you in there store with all those Les Paul's!!!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks Andy and Batman!

Occasionally I fill in for a few bands when they need a guitar player but I'm not in a steady band right now. My dad and uncles are all country and western guys and we get together a couple times a year and play. In the 70's and 80's I was in a couple different steady bands and we played at bars, parties, a few weddings and stuff like that. I have a small studio set up here and do most of my playing now to backing tracks. I just started getting into recording but I need better recording equipment. My wife tells me I love my guitars and amps more than her lol...

I wish I still had some of the Les Pauls and Stratocasters I had when I was younger.
sad.gif

Batman

hotrod I have a old Kay acoustic guitar that i cant find out much about. Are they worth anything?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It depends on the model. Most Kays aren't worth much but there was a few models that bring some decent money to collectors. If you can post the model and a picture I can give you an idea on value. I've got a 1963 Kay Jumbo thats in real nice condition.

Here's some good info on old Kay guitars.
Kay Guitar History

They're back in business again making reissues of some of their guitars.

Here's a pic of mine. It's 1963 Kay Jumbo worth around $400-$500.
kay-1963.jpg

Also if your interested in guitars fell free to check out my guitar forum.
Axaholics Guitar Forum

Batman

wow that one is a lot nicer. ill get the model and get back to you. Im also going to check out your guitar forum. thanks

MikesMotorToys

My sons is into guitars and plays for a few of the praise and worship bands at Church and school. Last time he was up in Kansas at my parents house, he found my old Stella Harmony H934 in my closet! She's been dormant for nearly 40 years - We re-strung it this weekend, now he has his "campfire" guitar! I know that these were only $39.99 back in 1971, but it's clean, straight and sounds great...

This is him playing lead (blue tee shirt)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Nice video thanks for posting it.

Some of those old Harmony guitars are worth decent money now. I've got one here but I'd have to look and see what model it is. I found it in the garbage one day. I was driving home and saw a guitar case so I stopped and opened it up and the guitar looked like new.
biggrin.gif

TDAWG

Nice collection HRC. Here is my collection, all 2 of them. Takamine EF341SC and a Martin DXB Dreadnought.
tip.gif

382417504.jpg

382417481.jpg

382417512.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
TDAWG,

Nice guitars. I just sold a black Takamine EF341SC a couple months ago . I kind of wish I kept it. It was a very nice sounding acoustic and easy to play. A guy came here to look at another guitar and I showed hon the Takamine and he wound up buying it instead...
Thanks for posting the pics.
thumbup.gif

TDAWG

I am actually a heavy metal guy from way back. 80's hair band stuff. I sold all my electric gear a few years back. I have been concentrating on acoustic for the last few years. Lately I have been on a James Taylor kick. I seem to get obsesed with a particular artist and try to copy his or her style. But I am not opposed to breaking into some Metalica if needed.
twisted.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I hear you. In the 70's it was Southern Rock for me and that still is what I like to play. But the last couple years its been nothing but blues, acoustic and electric. Since I picked up the Martin D-18 I've been playing it a lot.

TDAWG

Guitars, Guns & Golf Carts. These are my interest. You could even say Guitars, Guns, Girls & Golf Carts but I cant say that because I am married. I have thought about writing a song about it but never got one of those round 2 its. Those are hard to come by. The title could be GGG or GGGG depending on how the song progresses. Mabye you could help me with that HRC.