What Size Is This Lift Kit

46-racing

WHAT SIZE IS THIS LIFT KIT?
I'm a new member since my other half recently bought a '93 Club Car DS gasser. We ASSUMED it was a 6" lift, but from all of the research I've done (mostly trying to figure out why the tops of the front tires were angled out) its just not adding up. :mad:
Here's what we THINK we know.... The previous owner put the 1 1/2" homemade spacer bar on top of the front leaf spring to get rid of the grinding noise he heard after putting 12" rims on with 22x11-12 tires (is that the correct size for a 3" lift?); he also had the A-arms in the outer hole on the top A-arm mounts. We moved the A-arms in to the inner hole to attempt to correct the angled tires, & psi is set @ tire mfr size of 5psi instead of 18. Now the tops of the tires are turned IN though.
The rear leaf spring is above the axle, and the spindles & also the rear spacer blocks look similar in size to those from Jake's 3" kit. BUT the spindle itself has the #6230 stamped into it (the Jake's 6" spindle lift kit part #) and the Jake's emblem isn't on them.
We've tried aligning the cart but NOPE. Any suggestions on WHAT THE :censored: we should be looking for or doing?? :dazed: After 3 days straight of surfing the web & hunting through forums, I'm finally sending out the SOS signal. Please, fellow Cartaholics members, make sense of this probably simple issue for us!
Thank you in advance for any & all help!

ejkjot.jpg

9B1Wi5.jpg

aJcQ8J.jpg

ILAUqZ.jpg

2fo2ac.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It looks like a Jakes but not a 6" The 6230 part number is used on Jakes 3" and 6" spindle lifts and to me that looks more like a 3". A 22" inch tire should work with out the spacer on top of the spring.

As far as the camber goes does the front spring still have the Eccentric adjuster? I can't tell in the pics if it's still there with the spacer block added. Here's a diagram showing how to set the camber on a Club Car.

club-car-camber-adjustment-gif.100

46-racing

No, the eccentric adjuster is most definitely not there. (I wonder how readily available those are to pick up?) So, next option for setting camber on this lil guy is.....? Btw, THANK YOU for the quick reply HotRodCarts; half of my massive dilemma is solved! I'm sure I'll be needing more help with other "quirks" after I get this bar out in a moment. :whistling:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You should be able to get the eccentric adjuster from any of the forum sponsors. They may not have them listed on their site so you may have to call. I'd start with Allsports, If not you can get it from a Club Car dealer. There really is no other option for setting the camber with a spindle lift on a Club Car. A different front spring may change the camber but it still wouldn't be adjustable without the eccentric adjuster. If the camber is different from side to side you could move the spring until it's equal on both sides. That's basically what the eccentric adjuster bolt does.
Feel free to ask any questions you have and welcome to the forum. :hattip:

46-racing

Well here's our progress, minus the homemade spacer bar.

yZNVCZ.jpg

He's liking the stance of it like this. :thumbsup:
Tried to adjust the camber after spacer bar removal, & had to fab up a temporary eccentric adjuster bolt to get it this good. (See results above.)
Going to attempt to set the toe, but on top of needing all 4 new shocks it now appears it needs a front spring. (That spacer did some warping to it in the year+ it was on there.) So is there a certain front leaf spring you all recommend? HD is what we are kind of thinking, but open to suggestions. Will let ya know how it goes, as well as when we get to the rear suspension "quirks".

:checkered:
:clubcar:

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The HD spring will stiffen the front of the cart up quite a bit. If the cart will be used off road I'd go with the standard spring. If it's going to mainly be driven on pavement the Heavy Duty spring is fine. Allsports sells heavy duty spring.