2007 Club Car Only Goes in Reverse

ElectraKing

Team,

2007 Club Car only goes in reverse. All the connections look strong and the cart goes in reverse so the power and signal is making it to the motor. The forward/reverse switch looks good and connections look solid there too. The solenoid clicks when you go to forward but does not pass through to the engine. Is it as simple as replacing the solenoid? It goes in reverse fine and that is making me question that the solenoid is fine.

If it is just the solenoid is there a link or model number? It says SCL 1204, but nothing comes up on the googlemachine.
I think it is this and looks like it:

THANKS in advance.

Tom47

Cartaholic
It is not the solenoid. If it works in one direction, it is working properly.

It could be the F/R switch or a broken wire from the switch to the controller.

Try reversing the two outer wires at the F/R switch to eliminate the possibility that the switch is bad. It it then runs in forward the switch it bad. Switch the wires back to the correct position.

With the cart jacked up, check for pack voltage from pack negative to controller pin 8 in forward and pin 16 in reverse. This can be done with wire piercing probes at the controller plug. If you have voltage at pins 8 and 16 correctly, remove the controller plug from the controller and check all of the wires going into the plug for looseness or corrosion. Check for voltage on pins 8 and 16 directly on the plug. Plug it back in and try it again.

If all of this fails testing, your controller is likely defective. Reverse the motor power leads F1 and F2 on the controller. Test for operation. If it runs in forward but not reverse, the controller is defective.

ElectraKing

Thank you. Switched the cables on f/r switch and it did not work. a reset on the OBC and still same issue. Time to get a new controller :(

Tom47

Cartaholic
Before you give up, did you do the last two paragraphs in my post?

It is very common for a broken or loose wire at the controller plug to be the culprit. Pins 8 and 16 are together at one end of the plug and are subject to abuse.

The last paragraph will tell you if it is the controller or the control wiring and is an important step.

ElectraKing

Okay going to give it a more valiant effort. Trying to digest how to do the steps being a newbie at this. Any pictures would be helpful.

Tom47

Cartaholic
According to the serial number above, your Villager 6 is a 2005 model which was built during the 7th week of 2005. The 05 represents the year and the 07 represents the week of manufacture.

I still think the problem lies in the controller plug. If you can just unplug it and check the wires going into it, you may find a loose or corroded wire on pin #8. It is brown in color and comes directly from the forward switch terminal.

If the plug and wires look good, plug it back in and using a wire piercing probe on your VOM, connect the positive VOM wire there and put the negative on pack negative. With the cart jacked up, put it in forward and see if the is pack voltage on that wire.

If you have pack voltage there, and no motor operation, the controller is likely defective.

ElectraKing

Diode thanks for your time here are some photos. The serial number is: K0507-480676

Attachments

• 5584533C-4C24-43B2-A7D4-C8BDB2575F26.jpeg
    5584533C-4C24-43B2-A7D4-C8BDB2575F26.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 9

ElectraKing

You have a series Drive Cart, that said you have a bad forward reverse switch replace the whole device behind the lever at least take it apart and look inside
You were 100% correct! Thank you!!! That was such a quick and easy repair. Diode thank you for taking your time to respond and to share your knowledge!! I am very appreciative for this wonderful support group. Thank you!!! If anyone else has this issue it was resolved by getting a new forward and reverse switch. THANK YOU!!!!!!