Yamaha G22 Will Not Run

gatorbayt

I have a 06 Yamaha G22 48v. I parked it last night and hooked up the charger. This morning I disconnected the charger but the cart will not run. When I push the accelerator pedal a clicking sound occurs and the cart will not move. Tried resetting the tow switch and when I switch to run the cart energizes with the same clicking sound, a slight electrical whine and clicks again but still no power. All the batteries are charged and the entire pack reads 51 volts. It worked fine before charging...Any ideas ??
Thanks

Cartfixer

Your hearing the solenoid click, so that is good. If you drove it in and it wont drive out, Most of the time it is a connection somewhere, check everything, starting with batteries.

gatorbayt

50.9 volts at the motor.
No I did not check the fuse ? Where is the fuse ?
No there is no reverse beeper.
I'm going to break it all loose tomorrow and check each connection.
Thanks for the responses.

gatorbayt

OK, Checked 3 amp fuse it's good. Hit the accel pedal and the solenoid is what is making the clicking sound. Clicks, hums,and clicks again all in about 3 seconds. Turn switch to tow and back to run same series occurs. All connections are good, batteries fully charged (51v).
Any clue as to where to start first ?
Thanks

dougmcp

I'm concerned about no reverse beeper, but like cartfixer said, it's likely a connection somewhere.
It's time to break out the meter and start tracing the power.
If you don't have a wiring diagram, here's one for a G19/G22: Yamaha G19 Schematic

gatorbayt

I purchased the cart used and it never had a reverse beeper.
Found a weak connection but it was not the issue.
Tested every battery seperately, all about 8.4-8.8 volts.

sugarloaf1749

Even though the solenoid clicks run a jumper to bypass it. if the motor does not run you may need a rewind. also check with a meter for a open circuit on the motor, also need a rewind. $350 in mi. good luck.

pjmia96

Looks like your not the only one having that problem with this check out my new thread under yamaha electric. Im having the same exact Cart. We can share answers if you didnt get ur Cart fixed yet.