What Wheel Do I Need With My Lift Kit

markstree

What wheel do i need with my lift kit? I'm putting a Buggies Unlimited 6" Spindle Lift Kit on my 96 Club Car. My tires right now is a 18x8.50-8 with a stock wheel. Buggies Unlimited doesn't say that I need a offset wheel but I know some do but I don't know if all lift's need offset wheel's. Buggies Unlimited say's it will accept up to a 22" tire and i assume thats with a 8" wheel. can some one help me out :usa:

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
most lifts for cart where designed for a 10" dia wheel with offset in mind.... most after market wheels are the right off set... some people have gotten away with useing the stock wheels but not recomended... i hope this helps

markstree

OK..thanks..im trying to hold off on wheels in till i get the money up for the ones i want so i was hoping to get away with using stock wheels.

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
you can try but dont think they will work on a spindle lift .... i have never used a BU lift before so who knows....

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i have a friend with bu 6" lift and the stock wheels didn't fit and just so you know after a couple of years the lift started to sag and his camber is way off now. with no adjustment to correct it.....just so you know....i should add he went with their suspention lift not the spindle

MrWicked

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
If he has spindles the the camber is off then he has other issues. A drop spindle is just like the stock spindle... now im not sticking up for BU just talking in general

markstree

well i hope its a worth while lift..it has a camber adjustment on it so maybe it will work..im new to all this and money was a factor in my choice..i did just find a set of 4 brand new carlisle 22"s on a 10" camo rim with the offset for 200 bucks..will that work with that lift