Trouble with 1996 EZGO Will Not Move

Christmasfarms

The cart will not move. Batteries are good.I have checked all the wiring connections. There is a clicking noise at the solenoid and controller. The solenoid gets hot. When I first got the cart it would speed up and slow down on its own.Then it seemed to work ok until now. It has a run/tow switch on the controller cover and the forward and reverse switch by my leg. I think it is a PDS cart. Don't know what to do next. Any help would be great.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

A 95 with a run tow switch would be a DCS drive system...

Does the solenoid click once or is it a continuous clicking?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the batteries and ALL connections are good it sounds like you may have a bad controller. You can try jumping the large posts on the solenoid to test if it's causing your problem. Put the run tow switch on tow then run a jumper on the two large posts (6 guage or larger jumper). Put the switch back in the run position and try the cart. To be safe jack the rear tires off the ground before jumping the solenoid. If the cart runs with the solenoid jumped the solenoid is bad. There's also a DCS troubleshooting chart in the EZGO resource forum here. If the jumper doesn't work out download that chart and go through the tests...

gornoman

HRC, I have read that jumping the solenoid on a DCS cart can be "destructive". I have no personal knowledge of this, it's just what I have read from techs.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've done it. As long as the run tow switch is in the tow position before you jump it it should be fine...

But to be safe I guess it would be best to go through the trouble shooting diagram first...

Christmasfarms

Ok. I have gone through the wiring diagram and this is what I have.
Batteries --- 37.2
Each battery--6.1
Test 1---34.6
Test 2---37.1
Test 3---36.8
Test 4---0
Test 5---6.97
Test 6---13.97
Test 7---.309

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? I just don't know what to check next.