Switch question

Grizzley

Hey guys I have a couple of questions that I know someone out there can answer. I need to find a thermostatically controlled switch, I dont think that it has to be 12 volts, normally open, to control a cooling fan on a 24 hp honda. Any info or ideas will be muchly appreciated. Question number 2, does anyone know at about what temp the hondas normally run?
Gregg

Keyguy

Overworked, underpaid :o) R.I.P.
Gregg,
Call Honda for the normal operating temp.
As far as the switch, any auto parts store.
Ask for a fan switch for the temp range you need.
Most newer cars have them as it kicks on an electric fan if/when the engine reaches a certain temp and kicks off when it gets below the kick in range.
HIH,
Jimmy B.

Grizzley

I installed a pontiac sunbird fan on my cart and need something to kick the relay in and out. I dont want it to run continuously.
Thanks guys,
Gregg

Fairlane

Is it overheating?? Mine hasn't and we ride in some extreme temps here in the desert. There are a million of these things on mixers and pumps running long hrs all day long in temps nearing 120 here and they last forever with proper maint. Just curious.

Glen

Grizzley

I have full skid plates under mine and I've only ran it in this KY winter weather (25 to 45 degrees).With the header and muffler setup similar to yours I thought that it might overheat this summer, so I figured I would rather be safe than sorry. Its never overheated but you never know.
Gregg

Fairlane

You had me thinking there for a second. I have about 8 or 9 friends that have the Honda and we ride in the hottest part of summer and have not heard 1 complaint. That doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. So if you are more comfortable with a fan then thats what you need. How and where did you mount it?? A pic would be nice. I'd like to see how you did it. The big thing here in the desert is a hot seat. My pipe turns up from the heads and goes to the back. I'm looking for one that comes off the heads and goes back. This would give me a little more airspace. If you know of one let me know, please. thanks

Glen