Street Legal 2011 Club Car Lights

jmontz32

The area where I live decided to crack down on golf carts during this pandemic and now we have to make them street legal. I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent and the place I bought it from added a harness with led headlights and taillights. I got on amazon this week and ordered a horn, blinkers, and brake light to complete the street legal install. I have the horn and blinkers working (red hawk lights and rhox blinker) but I cannot figure out the brake light pad. I found the wire for it in the battery compartment and ran it under the cart, plugged the connectors into each other and mounted the switch. Is there something else that needs to be done behind the dash before this brake light switch will work? Is their another type of relay needed? Also, I didn't buy the timer version so I would assume it needs to be wired to key switch?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did the light kit come with a diagram or any instructions? Is the brake light switch a RHOX or Redhawk? Welcome to Cartaholics. :hattip:

jmontz32

It did not come with any instructions, but I figured it out yesterday! Behind the dash I had to tie the blue and green wires together to complete the brake circuit!

MRueter

I’m having the same problems. The connecter that’s supposed to be in brake well area isn’t there. Did the loose wires you found behind the dash have any connecters? Any pictures on how you fixed the problem?

jmontz32

OK so I've done two of these now (mine and neighbors cart). My cart the wire was in through battery compartment and I had to run it under cart to brake then tie the two big wires together (blue and green) behind dash. His the wire for brakes was already run under floor and he had a jumper already installed on the two wires so there was no guess work (guess whoever ran his bucket harness did it right as opposed to mine). All bucket harness's should have brake wire on them you just may have to look in battery compartment, look under cart near brakes, or take floor mat out and look under there where your harness runs from battery compartment to the dash. Sorry, I am not sure how to post pics here. But go to this link and find the madjax step by step instructions with pictures on the webpage. Thats how I finally figured it out.