rearend axles

oldcartfart

HI' all, I have an electric rearend from a 70's ezgo. A buddy of mine has a friend that uses a gas ezgo 3 wheeler as a pit vehicle. no# are 770614 ser. 132608 mod. not sure if I have them right. his rearend is going out when he backs off the gas it wants to lock up. the hubs were spinning so he did a quick fix at the track and tacked welded it up. it worked .now he can not find axles for his cart and since I had some rearends he came to me . wanting to know if my rearend which had the motor hooked up to the front.. if it would work on his gasser. I dont know I have never taken the driven clucth off a rearend on an ezgo. are the shafts on the gas one the same as the electric? ( 19 spline ?)
he was hoping to put his clutch on the electric rearend .and call it good . I thought the axles would interchange but not the whole rearend. he also has an issue with it smoking ALOT under a load using a generic synthetic oil from t.s.c. what is the correct ratio on it. I thought it was 40:1 but i always go a little heavy on the oil. like 50:1 cheaper to replace a fouled plug than chance it going to lean. I use regular oil.not synthetic. I really would like to help the guy out but most of my stuff is for sparky;s any help would be great and thank you for your and opinions. oldcartfart

shadowman

axle shafts are completely different animals from gas to electric so to answer your question no you can,t take an axle from a gas to use on an electric or vice....versa...........i,m not sure i follow you about the clutch but you also can,t mount a clutch to an electric rear end..........won,t work for the same reason..........................
cool.gif

oldcartfart

thanks, Shadowman for the quick input.looks like he will have to get a rearend for it. I was not sure as I dont work with to many gassers. thanks again for the help. o.c.f.