Opinions on ICON Golf Carts

Lee Pedrick

Brand new here,, don't know where to post this. Does anyone have any opinions on the ICON golf carts. I don't own a cart yet but am looking here in New Castle de. I want a Yamaha,, maybe gas,, but they are high right now. A local guy at a car dealer is selling ICONS. I dont see them listed anywhere in this forum. Thanks in advance for any help and info. Also,, what is a "push notification"?

Zman

Cartaholic
Icon is Chinese made and it will be cheaper than the top three Club Car, Yamaha , Ezgo. The problem with most Chinese carts is they are good for 2 or 3 years then they start falling apart. Also parts hard hard to come by as most dealers now are just selling them because they can't get their normal orders in right now. i can guarantee they ride rough or rougher then the top three . Just my opinion but i would buy a new Yamaha Quiet tech if you want gas and you get a 4 year warranty. It will last a lot longer than the electric Icon.

wsplumber

Brand new here,, don't know where to post this. Does anyone have any opinions on the ICON golf carts. I don't own a cart yet but am looking here in New Castle de. I want a Yamaha,, maybe gas,, but they are high right now. A local guy at a car dealer is selling ICONS. I dont see them listed anywhere in this forum. Thanks in advance for any help and info. Also,, what is a "push notification"?
First, ICON carts are MADE IN TAMPA…..NOT CHINA. And they are an EXCELLENT cart. The quality is far superior to the big three.

wsplumber

Icon is Chinese made and it will be cheaper than the top three Club Car, Yamaha , Ezgo. The problem with most Chinese carts is they are good for 2 or 3 years then they start falling apart. Also parts hard hard to come by as most dealers now are just selling them because they can't get their normal orders in right now. i can guarantee they ride rough or rougher then the top three . Just my opinion but i would buy a new Yamaha Quiet tech if you want gas and you get a 4 year warranty. It will last a lot longer than the electric Icon.
They are made in Tampa. NOT China

Zman

Cartaholic
Good for you let me know how it works out for you in a year or so. Especially service and repairs.

parksdjs

I'm new here to. Test drive the ICON and the Kandi. Found the kandy out performed the ICON and was over 3k cheaper. I might pay for that decision later but have put 70 miles on it so far and love everything about it.

Lee Pedrick

Got an up close look at an ICON. Alot of thin plastic with no edging. even the back flip seat was mounted on thin plastic. Wasn't impressed. On top of that, for a 2022, they wanted $9,500 for it.

parksdjs

Mine rides very smooth, with tight turning radius. Tho back arm rest are nothing more than plastic. It's a nice machine