Motor Needs to be Replaced on a Club Car Precedent

WYBOOJER

i have a 2011 Club Car Precedent golf cart. Last week the motor stopped working and needs to be replaced. The controller diagnostics were ok per my golf cart repair shop, but they said until the new motor is put in the cart and works with the controller they wont know for sure. My cart motor is set for 19mph and i was thinking about getting a faster motor which they say is available. Today i found out the cost of a new motor alone is about $1000! I know and trust this cart shop.They have worked on my cart several times in last 4 years. Looking at the internet i thought a new motor would be about $600...the $1000 number blew me away. Any thoughts on whether this motor price is correct etc? Thanks. The cart was completely rebuilt in November,2014. Im sort of in shock as the cart is only worth about $3000...batteries are 4 1/2 years old...6 8 volts. Thanks for any feedback.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I would shop around I am sure that you can get one With more horse power and speed in the $420 range plus shipping. I am also doubting that the motor is bad, generally the controllers go out 5 to 1 And that is a very conservative figured

WYBOOJER

thanks for getting back to me. I have seen the motors etc on the diy site and they seem to have a great selection and prices. Im not very mechanical so i doubt i could remove and replace either my motor or the controller.I did watch a you tube video by DIY and it didnt look that complicated...famous last words! The owner of the cart shop where i get my work done is the son of a neighbor and has never screwed me before....i dont think! Would i have any trouble ordering the exact motor and /or controller i need for my cart? What info do i need to order the right one/s? Fortunately, i had looked on the net at DIY for motor and controller prices before i went over to my cart shop so when they said the motor would be about $1000 i stepped back. Keep in mind that my motor was set at speed code 5...3 years ago by an authorized CC dealer...set for 19MPH...but i was thinking about getting something that will go ever faster...e.g. 24.5 mph.
Im sort of thinking that if i need a new motor, controller and batteries ,too....ill have more money in the cart that it is worth even though it is a good looking cart and is street legal. I dont know what the hell to do at this point. Thanks for your help.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Number one club car dealer cannot do code 5 you were on code 4. And a thousand dollars to install a motor well without knowing what motor it sure seems high to me. There are places out there that sell the motor and 500 amp controller for under 900 dollars that is not an installed price but something to judge against. Installing both should not take more than 3 to 5 hours. And I still say it is not the motor how did they test the motor how did they test the controller