IQ OR Not IQ

Fuzzymike

I have a 2002 CC. I see a post saying that an IQ can be programmed to go faster. How do I know if my cart is an IQ? What does IQ mean in the CC world? How do I reprogram it...once I get the batteries straightened out. You can tell I'm the "new guy".

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
IQ Carts will have a Serial Number on the data plate that begins with the letter "Q". Also the F/R rocker Switch has an IQ Plug on the bottom of it.

Skip

Can anyone elaborate on this post, only half of his question was answered. What does IQ mean.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
rather than just answer a bunch of random questions send the first two letters and next four numbers of your carts serial number. A 2011 cart might be I2 cart not IQ. then we would have to start all over again.

Skip

I don't have a cart yet or I would enter those numbers, you know when you want to get into something and before you research what your doing you jump in and buy something and then find out after the fact that what you bought has limitations and you wish you bought something else because you did not research it first, that's where I am, I want to buy a cart to fix up, lift kit, high torque motor, my purpose is to use it around my five acres working because I'm tired of walking and sick of starting a gas engine for repetitive stops and starts. Thats why I wanted to know what IQ ment, I guess my question is, are there any carts that have limitations when you want to upgrade parts or are there some carts that are better to upgrade then others. I'm looking at a club car 2011.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I Q would be perfect to upgrade the i2 or Excel cart is not as easy to upgrade series Carts are useless in my book it takes way too much money to make him do even 20 miles an hour. Now that said if 12 to 14 miles an hour is all you want then series might work best as long as it's a controller cart

Series carts are not made any longer, IQ carts are not made any longer , I 2 or excel generation one is not made any longer

Skip

Thank you for that info, very helpfull. I was searching google for books on building a golf cart and how they work and what's the difference between them and I really did not see any, do you know of any one who has published a book of this nature?