Install Winch on Club Car Golf Cart

OlBoy

Is the brush guard strong enough to mount the winch on? Nice looking cart by the way and welcome to to cartaholics.

Hi. thanks for responding. yes i belive the brush guard is strong enough, might hav to remove the front bumper. i purchased this cart from the federal governmnet. is 1997. has old school lift on it looks like. frame was cut and welded aluminum i beam. only problem was carb was about 2 inches from the black control box and intake hose was pinching. made a snorkel to the air box using 90 pvc and hose. runs okay now. has 25x12x10 tires. runs about 25mph but i notices that low end torque is not there. loses power drastically on any up hill climb. was wondering if maybe 20x11x10 tires would help the low end

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The smaller tires will help you out on torque but may look kind of small with your lift. Are your clutches stock? Do you have the stock spring in your drive clutch?

As far a the winch goes it would look nice mounted on the brush guard.

yes ecerything on motor is stock. did not know how big diff 25x12x10 and 20x12x10 tires would be. any recommendations on what typr winch to get. at least if i get myself somewhere to steep i can winch myself over the hump

tom

Since you have a frame-cut lift, I would watch trying to winch too hard on it. Club Car probably did that, and it's OK for riding and roughing up, but they're still not the best lift out there. Club Car also said that 4 12V batteries was a good idea, and they were wrong there too. Mount it to the aluminum plate below the bumper and you should be OK. Just keep a check on the lifted portion of the frame. BTW, you have a Carryall, not just a lifted cart.

yes thxs alot. i am planning on using the front plate that is bolted to the frame. you sure about using 4 batteries for the winch. thought i could just use 1

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I think No No was talking about some newer Club Cars use four 12 volt batteries for the battery pack for powering the cart, which wasn't one of their better moves. :unsure:
As far as the winch you would need a 12 volt source, like two 6 volt or 1 12 volt battery.

yes i was planning on running th winch to my battery that is in the cart. using now for the hydraulic bed lift does not seem to take any cranking power away from cart