I think I have a bad Fwd/Rev Switch

a0106765

I have smoke coming from 2 cabels on my Fwd/Rev switch on my 1997 TXT. One cabel from the motor was loose at the switch and I thought I had found the problem. After tightning all the cabels it still got very hot and smoked. This means I need a new switch? How hard is it to replace? Thanks!! How much would I expect a shop the replace it?

Andy4639

Buy it on line and replace it your self. Pretty simple and you can learn from doig it.
Look at it from the batteries and draw a picture of it with 4 circles as the 4 cable connections. Then mark each one starting at the top and go clockwise with a b c d then mark cables A B C D. mark all other wires and replace when done.
You can do it, I know you can.
thumbup.gif

a0106765

Thanks for the encouragement. I believe I can do it. Do you think that is the problem? Also, the switch looks like it has some additional micro switches on it. Will those come with the new switch>

Andy4639

Depends on which one you buy. You can buy a whole new assembly with everything on it all you do is install it. You can buy the parts seperate and assemble it yourself.

fabbinman

check the post at the motor. on my 96TXT, the S2 terminal was loose in the motor housing. Its easy to fix, but cheap insurance to check the posts at the motor.
thumbup.gif