Help on 1997 G16

kipp yates

Yamaha G16 cart has been running fine and took off other day and stopped on me, waited a few minutes and drove about 10 ft and stopped again. I smelled gas and thought I had flooded it. Then it drove fine for a good while and it happened again. Replaced the fuel filter and it did fine for a hour or 2.Then the same thing happened again. About the only way I could describe the problem but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

moose_102

Here is finaly an answer to all the fuel issues to which Ive searched here many times. The solution is to ream out the main jet(this being on the side of the float bowl mount) this corrodes in the jet. All you need to do is ream this out with a .034 drill and clean it out. I was knocking myself out trying to figure it out and checking here with no answers. Hope this helps most.

Ufutsnuget

I had a similar problem. I had a bad battery connection. Do you loose power to your lights. Clean the terminal and see if it goes away.

kipp yates

After cleaning carburator,replaced fuel lines.fuel pump.battery cables still had the same problem.Finally replaced the ignitor and it runs like new.