help don't know what next

joealex

Hi,new in the forum ,found it searching for help.very good site.
here is my problem:I have a club car I'm not sure the year but is newer that 1999 i think is 2001 .6 batteries,48v.batteries are new got them this august,car was runnig and charging right (automatic charger)until 2 days ago that the batteries were not able to move the car but still lights went on.Checked the charger and is showing 5 amps for a while and after goes to 0 amps.Cheked all the batts. and were all over 8.20v,charged 2 batts with car charger and the car moved some ,so batts are charging and the compu is reading minimum signal to turn charger.What can be wrong? obc,charger, something that I don't even know that exist.note: this happed after a really cold night here in sc 20 degres is not that normal.
thanks in advance and is a pleasure to find poeple ready to help.
Joe-

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

8.2 volts is low for a 8 volt battery. Have you checked to see if the batteries need water? If they need water fill them until the plates are covered and charge them until the charger shuts off. Then take individual voltage readings on all 6 batteries. Make sure ALL your cable connections are clean and tight. Fully charged you should have about 8.50 volts on each battery one hour after the charger shuts off.

joealex

Thanks for quik reply,yes the batts have water and the connections are clean.I don't anderstand why the charger goes on to5 amps and goes off few minutes after with out charging.
Joe-

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It sounds lke you either have a bad battery or bad OBC...

Is your cart a regen or series (do you have a run / tow switch under the seat)?
Whats your serial number so we can tell what year the cart is?