Front end bottoms out---possible fix?

DaveT

The front end of my completely rebuilt 2000 EZ-GO will bottom now 'n then. So....my question is, should I look at getting a shock with an over-spring to replace my heavy duty front shocks? I don't want to limit the amount of travel by putting on over coil shock\springs....I just think a bit more stiffness will help. The ride isn't a big deal as I don't travel all that fast. But.....I don't want it to ride like a Harley "hard tail" either.

The front springs are factory HD, new on the 2 year old rebuild as well as the shocks. The lift kit on the front is a factory EZ-GO lift. I use this cart strictly for hunting and my controller is set for all torque (I have a limited slip installed) and I think my top speed might be 8mph.

Thoughts?

Dave

DSC02480.jpg

(BTW.....the el-chepo winch was just replaced with a really nice Warne. I think the Warne can pull the buggy up the side of my house!!!)

Andy4639

Try some automotive shocks. With the added weight of the winch, brush guard the front end is to heavy for the shocks in my opinion.
twocents.gif

DaveT

Ok.....do I measure my existing shocks and ask for something close? Do I buy the 5 way adjustable gas shocks like I just installed on my Mustang Convertible?

Or does someone know or is there a conversion chart that would tell me what auto shock would fit?

(Smart car?
rotflmao.gif
) ( '62 Corvair?
unsure.gif
) ( 2010 Corvette?
cool.gif
( A whole new Toyota steering system?
yikes2.gif
)

Thanks

Dave

Andy4639

I like the first choice. Measure and get something close. They will be stiffer for sure and should have harder rebound.
This is off the B/U site for a older ezgo.
Ford Mustang and F150 shocks,
twocents.gif

DaveT

I did a search and I believe the NAPA shock #94066 will fit the front of my 2000 EZ-GO Electric cart.

DaveT

cool.gif
Just an update.......I installed the new shocks (the NAPA shocks that I quoted above. BTW.....do you know that these shocks fit the old AMC Pacer, the AMC Gremlin, the really old Ford Edsel? I ask the parts guy if they fit any "cool cars" and he said that they do fit the '65 thru '70 Mustang!!!! Wheeew!!!
wink.gif
I'm tellin ya, that was close.....when the coolest car your shocks fit is a Gremlin!!!

I'll give you another update as to how these actually work, when some of this 2 feet of snow melts and I can actually drive my cart on something other than the plowed street!!! But then, the weather guys are sayin more white stuff is on the way.
wallbash.gif
GRRRRrrrrrrrr.

Dave

DaveT

Well......to finally get back and finish this post, I installed the NAPA shock #94066 on the front of my EZ-GO and have taken the buggy out several times. The shocks have pretty much solved the bottoming out issues!!

I've bottomed out only a few times, but quite frankly.....I was going too fast for the conditions (WHO....ME??).

So, I highly recommend these shocks. And especially for the price!!! They are gas shocks BTW.

Dave