EZGO RXV Elite Rear End Noise

Homer

Working on an RXV Elite cart. Rear End sounds as though it may have a bearing going bad. I can only hear the noise while key switch is in drive. I do not hear while in reverse. Any suggestions

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you just start hearing it or has the rear end always made the noise? Every EZGO RXV I've seen had a pretty loud whine while driving.

Homer

Not always there. Noise is not a whine sound reminds me more of maybe a bearing and I only hear it while moving forward.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It can be hard to tell where rear end noise is coming from because the sound echos thru the whole housing. Have you checked to see if the rear end is low on oil?

Homer

I don't really see anywhere to check fluid level. I know there is a drain plug on bottom but i don't see a way to check fluid level.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Changing Oil in a EZGO RXV Electric Golf Cart Rear End:

1. Remove bolts securing the oil pan.
2. Using a rigid gasket scraper and the hammer separate the oil pan from the axle.
3. Remove all traces of the old gasket material from the both surfaces and from the bolt holes.
4. Clean oil pan after emptying the old oil.
5. Apply Permatex RTV or equivalent to the gasket flange on the oil pan according to product instructions.
6. Install the oil pan, tightening the bolts finger tight and then tighten to the proper torque value in a cross bolt pattern.
7. Check axle for Fill plug, if a fill plug is present skip steps 8-16 and follow the fill procedure for axles with fill plugs.
8. Remove the driver side rear wheel as shown in the Tire and Wheel section of this manual.
9. Remove the driver side rear hub as shown in the rear hub in the next section.
10. Remove the driver side axle shaft as shown in the next section.
11. Thread flexible tubing into the axle tube, past the seal and into the gear area.
12. Connect the flexible tubing to the fluid pump.
13. Fill with 25 oz. of Mobile 424 lubricant slowly.
14. Install the axle as shown in the next section.
15. Install the rear hub as shown in the next section.
16. Install the rear wheel as shown in the Tire and Wheel section of this manual. Fill Procedure For Axles Fitted With Fill Plugs.Latter model axles have a fill plug located on the driver's side of the axle. Remove the fill plug, insert the flexible tubing and connect the other end of the tubing to the fluid pump. Fill with 25 oz. of Mobile 424 or equivalent lubricant slowly and replace the fill plug.

ezgo-rxv-rear-end-oil-change.jpg

Homer

Thought I read somewhere about adding product called K&W Trans-X Automatic Transmission Slip-Stop & Leak Fix, 15 Fl Oz. Also in reading above there is no actual gasket, just strait Permatex. Is this correct

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
This is what we use for all rear ends especially the rxv helps a bit with the noises I hope this helps

Attachments

• 15978382932386595802421040938181.jpg
    15978382932386595802421040938181.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 19

EzgoTech

Cartaholic
Also you could always call ezgo to see what they recommend I understand not wanting to void the warranty. And your welcome