EZGO Gas 4 Cycle Gas Builds Up Behind the Air Filter.

Daledo

Hey guys, I need help with a EZGO 4 cycle cart! What is causing gas to build up behind my Air Filter. New rebuilt motor. Only starts when I pull the choke. Then it takes some finessing with the choke to keep it running. Once in a while she cleans out and runs awesome, but most of the time it bogs down and throws blue smoke. How do I diagnose and fix? Thanks in advance for the help. DDT

Daledo

Sorry, No serial number so I don't know exact year. Guy I bought it from says it was a 2001.
Guy that rebuilt it called it a 9hp Robin Engine.
I bought a new belt that fit Part # 27077G02.

Thanks. DDT

Attachments

• 6-21-2019 EZ GO 01.jpg
    6-21-2019 EZ GO 01.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 6-21-2019 EZ GO 02.jpg
    6-21-2019 EZ GO 02.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 6-21-2019 EZ GO 03.jpg
    6-21-2019 EZ GO 03.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 8

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
My first guess would be it has to much oil in it, the oil level on the stick will read low on a lifted ezgo. 1.5 qts is the correct amount.

McGee43

I am having the same problem, I've owned the cart since new in 02 and it just started this. It helps to open the breather when cold starting but still refuses to fire without the choke. New plugs with good spark, carb removed and cleaned to no avail. Just ordered a new carb setup, not lifted, runs like a banshee the rest of the day when it fires and warms up.

McGee43

Uh, probably never. I saw you on another thread on this site and I think I may also need to check the voltage out of the battery.

McGee43

Thanks HotRodCarts, I've had this cart since new and never had to adjust the valves. Looks like that's all I had to do, now I have a perfectly good carb, pump and filter that will sit on the shelf. Youtubed the procedure and wahlaa it fires on the first spin. I didn't have a feeler guage so I used the 2 business card method which left them just a red hair loose.

McGee43

Hey guys, I need help with a EZGO 4 cycle cart! What is causing gas to build up behind my Air Filter. New rebuilt motor. Only starts when I pull the choke. Then it takes some finessing with the choke to keep it running. Once in a while she cleans out and runs awesome, but most of the time it bogs down and throws blue smoke. How do I diagnose and fix? Thanks in advance for the help. DDT
See below, adjust the valves. I had the same problem

Daledo

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Pulled and cleaned the filter. Drained the oil. Refilled with exactly 1.5 qts. and BAM runs awesome!
Where do I send the check?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, you're welcome. If you find the forum useful you can always donate to help cover the costs to keep it up and running. Glad to hear your EZGO is running good now. :hattip: