EZGO Electric Golf Cart Wont Stop Charging

redman

My EZGO electric golf cart wont stop charging. I changed all cables cleaned all terminals but the battery charger gets down to 8 amps and stays on boiling batteries. I had charger checked and it's fine. Help.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did the charger shut off before you changed the cables? Do the batteries need water? Have you checked the voltage on the batteries individually?

redman

everything checked out took it to a guy that works on them he is as lost as me all batt check out good replaced cables
before all of that it would not drop below 12 amps now it drops down to 8 amps

redman

played golf one day had to go up next day to wash it charger still on melted one post down to nothing the batt r 2 years
old

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the charger doesn't shut off it's either a bad battery, bad connection or a problem with the charger. What year is the cart? What model charger do you have?

redman

Its a 96 cart with a power wise charger we have checked both out all ok we charged 3 carts up with the charger worked good checked load on batt they show fine

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the charger works on other carts we can rule it out. The melted post would mean you had a bad connection on that terminal. Double check all your cable connections and lug connections. Try checking each battery with a volt meter to see if one has reversed polarity. If you hook your volt meter to each battery make sure none are reading -6.3x. Do any cables get hot when you drive the cart? Does the charger receptacle get hot when your charging the cart?