EZGO Electiric Golf Cart Sitting for a Year Without Being Charged

Vinny C

I just purchased a used EZGO electric golf cart, I think is a 2004 model. The golf cart was sitting in the sellers garage for a year without being used or charged. I replaced the batteries with a epsom salt/water solution and charged for about 16 hour. The charger showed 13.6 volts and 97% charge. Once I removed the charger the cart would not start. I will replace the solenoid, but any other suggestions?
Also does anyone know where I can buy good used batteries or cheap new ones.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The Epsom salt isn't going to do anything for the batteries. If you dumped the acid out of the batteries and refilled with a Epsom salt and water mixture there's no chance of reviving the batteries now. As far a buying used batteries you might want to check with any golf cart shops in your area. I'd recommend buying a new set of batteries. The cheapest place I know of for new golf cart batteries is Sam's Club but you get what you pay for. Sometimes cheaper isn't always the best way to go. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Vinny C

Thanks for the reply and advise. I read in many different sites about battery rejuvenation with Epson salt/distilled water mixture.
Yeah, your right about buying new.

Glen Batchelor

Desulfating never works 100%, you're buying short time with it and likely getting surface voltage on damaged plates.

Glen Batchelor

The battery needs to be discharged and recharged again to really know if it actually has lead sulfate decomposition of any usable amount. Take one to Autozone and have them put it on the load analyzer. If only one of the plates was exposed to air for a while the plate will have oxidized and no amount of desulfating will fix them.