Dripping Something Below Seat

Tim's Club Car

I have a 2008 electric Club Car Precedent. It's dripping something from an area below the right side seat. I thought it might be oil however I can't locate a source with oil. I removed the two 12 volt batteries from the right side and thoroughly cleaned the battery compartment and replaced the batteries........still no fix. I have a piece of cardboard under this area and it shows a drip about the size of a quarter. Any idea. Thanks

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Hmm, there is not much that can leak there.
Do you use on of those cart installed battery filler thing-a-ma-jigs ? Could be one of lines leaking.
Did you check the batteries for a cracked case ?
Like MurphyGuy mentioned, what kind of fluid is it ?

whiteGIANT510

How is the weather in your area? Is the cart always in the same spot. Could it be condensation I thought my rv was leaking because there was always a wet spot under 1 corner and by the time I went outside the rv itself was dry. Then I went out at 6am and saw condensation dripping from the side and falling right on that spot on the ground just a thought

Tim's Club Car

First, thank you for your comments. I opened the seat and for the first time since I cleaned the battery box and I found water on top of one of the batteries. Is this an indication of too much water, battery not being able to charge up all the way OR battery over charging? I usually check and re-fill the cells as needed however I do it to all four batteries at the same time. Strange that only one battery is leaking water on top. Any thoughts?

Tim's Club Car

FYI, I live in Florida and the temp here is in the mid eighties right now. I do not have the auto fill tubes installed on my batteries. Could the water be expanding due to outside temp. or from the simple charging process? I determined it's not oil and if it's battery acid it's very little at that.

whiteGIANT510

When I charged my motorcycle battery once I forgot to lover the settings from charging my truck and the water cap actually popped up and some water leaked out. You may be overcharging.

Tim's Club Car

Great feedback. I do believe a cell in my battery was filled too high. Water is only coming out one of the two caps. My charger is automatic so when the batteries are at full charge it shuts down. Not to say the charger isn't faulty but the other three batteries seem fine. I'm going to check the voltage on this one battery to see what it reads.