cool old Tylor Dunn

merkelbach

prost2.gif
This is a cool old truck, its all diamond plate, big rearend, built as a work horse. The problem is no forward. All four sylinoids click when they are suppost to. All wiring looks good. I tried replacing the sylinoid that controls the A1 on the moter, and still nothind. So last resort, I switched the A1 and A2 wires to the moter and it went forward with the f/r switch in reverse, but didnt go backwards when I switched the f/r switch to forward. I dont know what it is, its maybe somthing simple, I dont know, please help.
checkered_flag.gif

Pargo_fan

Sounds like one or two of the contacts in the forward/reverse switch are bad. If the body of the switch is not all melted you can replace the contacts & they are pretty cheap. If this is your problem then check all wires to the switch. They likely were over heating prior to failure.
Hope this helps.
Robbie

merkelbach

usaflag1.gif
Well the f/r is a rocker switch and it dosent look melted or dirty, i dont know how to test it.
dazed053.gif
Can you guys show me a way to test the f/r switch?
checkered_flag.gif

Pargo_fan

Ok my bad. I didn't know it had a rocker switch for forward/reverse. My Pargo is set up like that, though it takes 4 solenoids for forward/reverse plus 3 for the speeds. To test your switch pull the wires off. Set you meter to ohms and check continuity from the common terminal (usually the middle) to one of the others. if you get continuity flip the switch and check the other terminal to common.
Yea pictures would be good. Especially under the hood.

Robbie

Pargo_fan

What is the model # of your cart. There are a number of wiring diagrams over at vintage golf cart's site. Also a few different forward reverse switch setups. We need to know what you got.
Robbie