Club Car lift kit

G Archer

Hi folks,I have a 1997 CC DS cart with stock tires,and an Fe 290 engine.I was wanting to make it into a hunting cart.The engine is beginning to use a little oil so I was going to rebuild it.I want to go with 22o23" tires but I dont know which kit is better, A-Arm or spindle.What are the advantages of each? What can be done to the engine to give it a little more power? Thanks for any recommendations? Glenn in Middle Georgia.
biggrin.gif

goirish

All Sports in the banner above makes the best Lifts. I have the Super Sport 6'' Lift from them on my gas CC DS. I couldn't be happier. Bolts right on. I'm running 23 '' tires and go about 17 mph according to my gps.
thumbup.gif

JRay

Cartaholic
I also am running the 6 in. super sport lift on my 02 electric. Getting close to 20 out of it.

G Archer

What is the difference in the allsports 6'' a-arm lift and the 6'' supersport a-arm lift? With either of these lifts should I get 22'' or 23'' tires on 10'' rims? Would there be any noticable decrease in power between the 2 tire sizes?

Thanks,Glenn

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
The Super Sport is heavier duty than the regular a-arm. Tire size is the same on both lifts and you won't notice any difference in power with the 23 over the 22. :)

G Archer

Hi folks, thanks for all the good info.I ordered the Allsports super sport 6'' kit and it will be delivered today.Thought I had a deal on some tires but it fell through.What I was looking at were 22x11x10 all terrian on 8'' rims (3x5) offset.Would I be better off with tires from Allsports.22x10x10 with 7'' rims (3x4) offset as I dont want them sticking way out throwing mud or grabbing trees?

Thanks ,Glenn

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
The camber is adjusted with the heim/ball joints on the upper and lower a-arms. The upper joints should not have more than 1/4" of thread showing. If you have anymore questions, you can pm me and I'll give you my #. :)

Steve