Club Car Electric Golf Cart Goes Forward But No Reverse

golfcartmaint

My 1997 Club Car electric golf cart goes forward good, but no reverse. The forward and reverse switch had some melting around the contact. The fuse melted but still working. I replaced f/r switch ,fuse, and speed controller. Would the OBC on board computer cause this maybe? Or would you look more at the motor? 56 volts all around.

golfcartmaint

yes , checked all micro switches, all check good, found a wiring diagram on here. diagram shows a 6 pin connector close to the v glide, this one has a 3 pin but same color wires. will see if it makes sense on this cart to make sure noone has monkeyed with the wiring. could the resistors in the v glide do this?

thanks for your time
Pat

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The OBC controls the battery charger. If the cart is running in forward I doubt that's your problem. You can run a jumper from the yellow wire on the solenoid to negative on battery # 6 battery to bypass the OBC for testing.

Is the new F&R switch exactly the same as the old switch. On the newer switches you need a jumper on the two bottom contacts of the F&R switch where the cable that goes to motor A2 is connected to the switch. Without the jumper the cart will only move in one direction. Usually they give you a buss bar to connect the two terminals together with the new switch. If you didn't get one you can make one or use a cable that's the same size as the rest of your cables.

golfcartmaint

Thanks for the help. Yes the forward and reverse switch is exactly the same, but one of the micro switches was not moving completely. SOMETIMES would make contact ,solenoid would click then under load the switch would break and no go.
Head scratcher ! lol