brakes 95 club car

smokeyjoe1

does anybody know the thickness of new pads done everything i know to do and still want stop
wacko.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've never measured the thickness but I'd say between 1/8 and 3/16ths of a inch thick on new brake shoes. Club Cars can be tricky to get the brakes working right sometimes. What I usually do is first make sure both cables are working freely. Pull the drums and clean everything up. Make sure the cables have a little slack then adjust the brakes until they just rub the drums. Then adjust the slack out of the cables.

smokeyjoe1

new cables i have the top adjuster all of the way in just before the two lobes drop into the screw and still no rub on drum i didn't know if the bottom piece should be tight or float in the slot where the cables hook up

JRay

Cartaholic
HRC, where did Andy post that great tutorial with pics on CC brakes? Can't find it.

smokeyjoe1

great post thanks i was just wondering in these pics are the brakes on different in before and after pics mine are on like the first pic

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I thought that may be the problem. Thats why I asked if you still had the old brake shoes so you could compare them and make sure you had the right ones.
Let us know how it goes when you get the correct brake shoes...