Bigger Cable Advantages / Disadvantages

goob

Hello new to the forum,,,,, I have a 99 EZGO electric TXT, just wondering what the advantages/disadvantages of the larger battery cables are? Will it give me more torque? If not is there a way to get more torque without changing motors? Thanks!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum!!!

The bigger cables can give you a little more torque. A lot depends on the condition of the cables you're replacing. I think it's definitely worth the cost to do the upgrade. If you want to do a little test next time your out riding on some hills stop, lift the seat and feel all the cables. I'll bet you'll find a couple that are warm if not hot. The larger cables will help this. Just make sure you change them all.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Your welcome. Let us know if you decide to change out the cables.
biggrin.gif

goob

okay i have painted the cart a flat, really dark camo color, and added a winch on the front, and i guess im goin to change out the cables. Will I be able to notice a difference in the torque? Do I need to change ALL of the cables or just the battery ones? Thanks!

fatboy99

Change All The Cables I Did Just The Battery Cables Only First No Differance In Hill Climbing Power Did The Rest Not A Speed Deamond But Climbs The Hill's Better Also If Your's Has The Big Forward/Reverse Switch Replace The Contacts And Install HD Buss Bar's
Brad