94 ezgo won't go

logan1

Okay here is the deal. We have a 94 ezgo that stopped working all of a sudden.
no.gif
Test showed a bad controller. That was sent out and repaired. We hooked up the controller and still no go. Checked out continuity to all wires (I think) and all appears good. I was told if you bypass (jump) the main post, Shouldn't the cart wheels turn ,you should be bypassing everthing? My head hurts
wallbash.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If there's three batteries on each side of the cart it's a Marathon. If all six batteries are in the center in two rows of three it's a Medalist...

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Jumping the solenoid really only tells you if the solenoid is good and only if the rest of the system is working like it should. Does the solenoid click when you push the throttle? Take a close look at the cable connections on the forward and reverse switch. Do they look like they've been hot? What's your battery pack voltage at the charger receptacle?

logan1

Yes the solenoid does click I'll check the f/r switch to see if it got hot as well as the voltage at the charger conectiion. Shouldn't the wheels turn when you jump the solenoid?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A cart won't run when you jump the solenoid if there's certain problems. Like a bad controller, motor or a bad connection somewhere. If the solenoid is clicking and the cart didn't run when you jumped it the solenoid isn't your problem...

logan1

The controler was just repaired. I think I checked all connections but I will check them again. I don't get power to the motor so I don't know if the motor is bad. I still have to check the F/R switch . I am leaving for my sons wedding in Oh so I'll get back to you some time next week. Thanks everyone for your help adn have a great week end
usaflag1.gif
thumbup.gif