89 Club Car Gas Golf Cart Choke Button Wanted

2noose

I am a golf cart newbie who just purchased a 1989 Club Car gas golf cart to use at the campground we go to every summer. Not knowing anything about golf carts I didn’t realize that the choke button was missing. Didn’t know what that hole in the body was for. The plastic components that attach to the carburetor and choke button had fallen down on the hot exhaust pipe and melted them. I don’t think they are usable or repairable. I have searched the internet with no success. If anyone out there has one please contact me on this forum. If I could just find the choke button I might be able to fabricate something from pvc pipe for the other parts. All help will be greatly appreciated and will pay a reasonable price .
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I think the one from my 91 club car should fit if you are still needing it ?
I have no need for it as I've done an engine swap.

2noose

Well, that’s what I need to fix this cart. How much would you want for them. Where are you located and what kind of engine swap did you do? I was thinking about doing that also.

2noose

Well that sounds good and very nice of you. We are talking just the transmission right, not the complete drive section with axles. I wonder if I could impose on you to check what the shipping would be to Richmond, Virginia , zip 23228. I have no idea what it weighs. I tell you what, you send me the weight and dimensions and I will find out what it will cost to get it here.
Thanks

2noose

Ok but remember just the transmission not the complete drive assy. and the choke parts.
Thanks very much.

2noose

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you said you had a transmission to fit my cart as well as the choke parts. My mistake. But I would like to have the choke parts and they aren’t heavy so shipping on them won’t be too bad. If I send you $50.00 would you box them up and send them to me. Send me your name and address by separate email so I can send you the money. When I get your email I will give you my name and address.
Thanks very much and sorry for the confusion. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
No I said I did an engine swap into my cart, the air button, air box and connecting flex hose don't work with my new setup as it has its own air system, so I don't need these parts.
I'm still using my transaxle, just swapped engines, went with a newer OHV setup. Alot more power, oil filter and can get parts for, unlike the 341cc flathead. But I've got a good one of those if you needs one for parts.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
It's a little dusty, but I'll wipe it all down before I box it up.. that and the button assembly.
Anything else ya need, we have a bit of extra stuff around. We will get ya going.

2noose

Just a good governor. Have you ever gone into the transmission of your cart? I’ll go into mine this winter if I have to but I’m concerned about not being able to get parts. It’ll be easier to just replace the transmission if possible. I’ll look in my parts book and see if that’s possible.
Thanks again for offering these parts to me as I have been looking for them since last December.
Have a good day

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Just a good governor. Have you ever gone into the transmission of your cart? I’ll go into mine this winter if I have to but I’m concerned about not being able to get parts. It’ll be easier to just replace the transmission if possible. I’ll look in my parts book and see if that’s possible.
Thanks again for offering these parts to me as I have been looking for them since last December.
Have a good day
I would find a way to bypass the governor, its just not worth the work it would take to crack the cases open:twocents:

ez2nv

hello southerncomfort, I read this post, I could be interested in your motor, how much?