87 ezgo won't start

PBISTON

I have a 1987 ezgo that was running fine and then it just died, and it won't restart.
I checked the fuel, it has compression and spark. I pulled the reeds out and they were fine. it will backfire occasionally when I squirt fuel into the carb, but will not run.
I am questioning the spark, it has spark, but I am not sure about timing, or if it is possible to be off. I even disconnected the muffler in case it clogged.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

PBISTON

It was running fine and it just sputtered and died, would not restart. Checked the compression...45 psi,
thumbdown.gif
not good. What would cause such a sudden loss of compression? It was running great up until it died.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks.

PBISTON

The former owner mixed the oil in the gas and did not use the oil injector, so I did the same using amsoil synthetic. Could this have been a factor. I am guessing the oil injector did not work. I have only had this cart about 2 months.
Thanks.
P.S. I am having about the same issue with a mid 70's Harley cart, possibly same issue?

wslonger

pre-mixing the oil will not cause it, unless there was not enough oil in the mix. Another possibility is a stuck ring not sealing the cylinder either way the only real way to know it to pull the cylinder.