2021 EZGO Valor Stopped Dead!

adomzalski

I have a 2021 EZGO gas valor that stopped working. This isn't the first time. The horn will work, the back up buzzer will sound, but the lights will not come on, nor the led light bar I installed, and the motor definitely will not run: forward or reverse. I checked the battery, fully charged with 12.8v. I checked all known fuse locations and nothing to find.. The cart gets very light use (my son drives it to the bus stop every now and then). I looked for loose wires, loose grounding attachments, nothing. I had a similar problem when I installed the light bar. To put the rocker switch in, I had to remove the front plate with the ignition switch. The factory wiring harness was very tight, so over time the female butt connecters to the ignition switch got a little loose, but everything worked fine. Then last year, same problem: golf cart died at the bus stop. After towing it home it miraculously started again like nothing happen. I could find anything wrong then, so I soldered the terminals to the ignition switch and heat shrunk them.. Problem went away until two days ago. Same thing, no power, engine wont turn or crank, no lights, only the horn and backup buzzer. The ignition switch has power and ground when checked with a meter for DC and continuity. I ordered a replacement switch and swapped them out, no change. The dealership wants $395 just to look at it. I read a similar post from 2022 and the issue was the ECU. Does anyone have any thoughts? The ECU is around $500.00.