2010 Club Car Precedent Brake Lights Not Working

jantree

I just bought a 2010 Club Car Precedent Champions Edition. It has an aftermarket light kit with lights, turn signals and horn. Everything works except the brake lights. Horn works, front and rear lights work, turn signal works, but no brake lights. Does anyone have any idea where a newbie like me should start problem shooting this? Also, I just checked and the lights work even when the cart key is turned off. Is there a way I can rewire this so the lights only work when the cart is on?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
You may not have a brake light switch installed this usually does not come with the light kit. And yes by hooking up a relay to the key switch will give you key on lights

jantree

Thanks. I just found out it is a MadJax light kit. I will check or have someone check for the brake light switch.

jantree

I'm thinking whoever wired this thing didn't know what they were doing. I noticed tonight that the blinkers only work when the headlights and taillights are not on. When the lights are on, no blinking. Does anyone have any ideas or is it better to pull it out and start from scratch?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Without seeing how it's wired it may be easier to start from scratch...
twocents.gif

jantree

I removed the floor mat and floor board and found that the brake light switch was not connected. I connected it and brake lights now work. I have head light, tail lights and brake lights. The turn signals and flasher don't work. Horn does work. This light kit looks like the precedent ultimate light kits you see on the web. Any ideas will be helpful.

shadowman

makes me wonder if theres even a flasher in the system......thats where i would start and if its there make sure its hooked up and working......................................
cool.gif

jantree

After installing a new flasher (one was not installed before) and brake light timer relay, all seems to be working as it should. Thanks for all the input from the forum. It really help a newbie like me.