2003 48v DS IQ Intermittently Dies

Vbg-ezgo

Help! Cart intermittently dies; sometimes won’t start, sometimes dies when running. Seems like a dead short but I can’t find any wiring issues. New batteries and new solenoid (just in case). If it’s helpful, there is no reverse buzzer when in ‘dead’ mode, then buzzer and cart will work (intermittently). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vbg-ezgo

(Added)….in case it means something, run/tow switch cuts off power to everything, including battery meter. During the intermittent dead period, the battery meter stays on.
F/R switch problem maybe??

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Maybe, see if you have +48v coming in on the FNR orange wire and output to one of the others when in gear. When it dies does it slow itself down or does it just coast? Does it die just driving or only if you let off the pedal?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
You need to answer the questions above especially if it locks up Or stops abruptly. or it coast's to a stop.

Vbg-ezgo

Well, I rode it up and down the street for 10 minutes and couldn’t get it to die, but from what I recall, it basically cut power, but there was no braking. Checked FNR voltage - 48.9+ to orange wire, throwing same 48.9+ to either side of switch, depending on selection. And it dies intermittently, at various times; sometimes it’s dead when I turn the key switch on, sometimes while driving, and other times it will move a few inches and stop. It has, to this point, rectified itself after a second or 2. I need to mention that after dismantling the FNR switch to test voltage and reassembling, the reverse buzzer sounds in reverse whether or not the key switch is on. If I recall correctly, previously the buzzer only sounded with the key on. I’m not sure which way is “correct” or if this makes any difference. Could it possibly be a faulty key switch?

Vbg-ezgo

An unrelated question: what is the function of the 4 pin connector at the bottom of the FNR switch housing?