06 PDS

S2MFH

Just received my state of charge meter with no instructions for install. Is there a diagram available on the form? I would like to connect it to the key switch so it will only come on when I turn on the key. Thanks in advance for your help.

dougmcp

Yes it's possible to have it key activated for some of them.
Which state of charge meter did you buy? Who is it made by?
Is it an analog meter or LED bars?
How many connections on the back of your meter?

S2MFH

I bought it through Radical Golf Carts but it was sent to me by EZ Go. Looking at the diagrams Gale gave, I have some homework to do on my key switch to see if it will accept the volt meter.
dazed053.gif

dougmcp

Depending on whether your cart is a series or DCS cart and whether it has a 2 position or 3 position ignition switch, the previous post by Gale Hawkins was correct for what you ordered.

S2MFH

Just a little more info. My cart did not come with lights, I added some myself but I have a seperate 12V battery for it and the stereo.

dougmcp

The state of charge meter is separate from your 12v battery and will have nothing to do with it.
You probably have the 2 position ignition switch so unless your cart is a DCS, the diagram on the bottom right is yours.

S2MFH

Roger, I relize the 12 volt batt. has nothing to do with the meter just thought I would put the info. out about the lights
thumbup.gif
. My cart is an 06 PDS so I will be looking at the diagram on the bottom right. Thanks for the help.
tip.gif

S2MFH

OK i'm trying to hook the meter up right now and have a stupid question. Is my + on the passengers side batt the one twards the front and - is twards the back. The reason i'm asking is because when I hook it up and turn on the key. I only get one light bar at the top of the meter, I thought all the bars would light up. Yes it has a full charge.

groebuff

Cartaholic
I dont, know if this is the one you have,,,,,

Gives you a horizontal state-of-charge display with easy-to-read LEDs.

•36-volt model
•Far right indicates batteries are fully charged, far left indicates a low charge
•2"L x 1"H
•Two pre-drilled holes for easy flush mount installation on any golf cart dash
•Does not include wiring
•Mounting hardware included

S2MFH

Nope wrong one, thanks though. Mine goes up and down. I got it installed and hopefully wired right. I still only show one bar at the top of the meter though.