04 pds slows at full throttle

xsailor

Cart was running fine Fri morning. Loaded up and headed to the campground. Unloaded and cart slows down when full throttle. Runs fine up to half throttle but slows past half throttle. Let off and it will pick up speed but still not full speed.

xsailor

No rain just some ruff sections of interstate and sc back roads. Cart was under covered carport during last weeks 11 inches of rain.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I'd test the ITS.

With the negative lead of your volt meter on the negative post of the battery pack the black wire going into the ITS should have 14 volts. The white wire should have .5 volts with no throttle and 1.5 volts at full throttle.

xsailor

This is my first cart and first prob. Where is the ITS? have meter and check volts no prob just need to know where to test. dont have a manual yet.

xsailor

Just unloaded cart. It runs it *** off. no probs, accel thru curves and up hill to steepnest of hill cause slow down, but still maintains steady speed and regains speed when back on flat.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Pull the floor mat up on the drivers side and you'll see a box behind the go pedal. The ITS is inside the box.

xsailor

OH that must be that rod thing under the floor my dealer/tech was talking about. Although it is running well and jumping speed bumps I will still check it. Need to learn about working on these things for my self. Like working on my own stuff. Did all my own hot rod work except machine shop stuff.