'94 Club Car V-Glide (non-resistor)?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
How do I check output going to the motor from the Speed Controller?

Maybe, but usually controllers ignore values too close to the bottom or top of the range as you usually will never get an exact 0-5k, usually around 1000-4000 ohms is the actual throttle band. And even if so that would only be 18% throttle not 50%.

If you want to test that theory clamp the meter leads to the two V glide wires and jack up the rear end. Hit the pedal and see at what resistance the controller kicks in. Also listen for the solenoid click, listen if it clicks before the controller engages or at the same time.

What were the results from this test?

RoscoP

Should I be getting ohms or volts when I test the Input on the speed controller?

When testing Output to the motor Should I be getting Ohms or Volts?

Apparently my pictures in my earlier post shows a stock motor!!!

RoscoP

Golf Cart Wizard: Rear wheels off the ground. Key on with Forward position and pedal pushed down 1" and the reading on the input side of Speed Controller was 5000 ohms. Reading on the output to the motor was 35.5 volts.

Reading with pedal pushed to the floor.............same readings. 5000 ohms input side and 35.5 volts on the output to the motor.

I don't hear the solenoid clicking (stuck in open) maybe. Ordered a new solenoid.

Give me your input please. Ron

Attachments

• IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 0

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Golf Cart Wizard: Rear wheels off the ground. Key on with Forward position and pedal pushed down 1" and the reading on the input side of Speed Controller was 5000 ohms. Reading on the output to the motor was 35.5 volts.

Reading with pedal pushed to the floor.............same readings. 5000 ohms input side and 35.5 volts on the output to the motor.

I don't hear the solenoid clicking (stuck in open) maybe. Ordered a new solenoid.

Give me your input please. Ron
So the tires didn't start turning until the throttle was reading 5000 ohms?

RoscoP

No.....the tires start turning at about 960 ohms and read 35.5 volts on output side to the motor. KEEPS READING THE SAME (35.5 Volts) all the way with pedal down to floor.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
No.....the tires start turning at about 960 ohms and read 35.5 volts on output side to the motor. KEEPS READING THE SAME (35.5 Volts) all the way with pedal down to floor.
Where are you measuring the output, B+ and M-? That would definitely suggest a bad controller as voltage should increase linearly with the throttle, however it would be unlikely that both the original and replacement controller both have the exact same symptom. Double check all the high current cables to the motor against the wiring diagram posted earlier, make sure nothing is wired incorrectly. If you have the ground from the motor going directly to negative then the motor will get full voltage as soon as the solenoid clicks and thus full throttle all the time which is what you are getting.

RoscoP

Readings from B+ and M- output. 35.5 Volts no matter what position the pedal is in. I think there is a wiring problem on the Controller. Still checking the diagrams. I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

ALSO

Do I need these on my new Solenoid? Golf Cart, EZGO, Club Car, 36 Volt Solenoid Resistor & Diode Set

RoscoP

Old one doesn't have them. I'll order new ones. ALSO...According to diagram......the Black Negative Battery cable from the battery is supposed to be wired to M- on the controller. Is that right?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Old one doesn't have them. I'll order new ones. ALSO...According to diagram......the Black Negative Battery cable from the battery is supposed to be wired to M- on the controller. Is that right?
Ummm… no. That’s your problem if that’s the case. The motor goes to M-, the battery cable goes to B-

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Golf Cart Wizard: According to the Wiring Diagram M- is the Blue Wire to the Forward Reverse Switch (not the motor).
Yes, which is connected to the ground of the motor. You need to go back and follow the diagram and the advice that's already been given, you constantly keep posting basic questions with obvious answers or things that are completely irrelevant, all while ignoring tests that have already been suggested. First it was the golf cart starts at half throttle, then it starts at full throttle then goes to half. Then on page 3 you finally do the test I suggested in the beginning and turns out you actually have 100% throttle all the time. I'm frankly out of patience, I don't have time to answer all these irrelevant questions when the information that is being provided isn't even accurate making me waste my time trying to help with a problem that turns out doesn't even exist. This will be my last post in this thread, if you want further assistance you will need to get help from someone else.

Jeff10456

Yes, which is connected to the ground of the motor. You need to go back and follow the diagram and the advice that's already been given, you constantly keep posting basic questions with obvious answers or things that are completely irrelevant, all while ignoring tests that have already been suggested. First it was the golf cart starts at half throttle, then it starts at full throttle then goes to half. Then on page 3 you finally do the test I suggested in the beginning and turns out you actually have 100% throttle all the time. I'm frankly out of patience, I don't have time to answer all these irrelevant questions when the information that is being provided isn't even accurate making me waste my time trying to help with a problem that turns out doesn't even exist. This will be my last post in this thread, if you want further assistance you will need to get help from someone else.
to be honest ....
i am surprised you held on this long
i was exasperated on page 1