'94 Club Car V-Glide (non-resistor)?

RoscoP

Here are pictures of the controller. The large, labeled one is the new one I put on the cart. The other one is the one I took off.
The one I took off says: Model #1204-015, Volt-24-36, 275 Amp. Looks the same to me. I can't figure out what is going on.

Attachments

• _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 (4).JPG
    2 (4).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 4

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Push pedal down a little ways and motor goes at a fast speed and spins the tires. As I continue pushing, it slows down but not real slow
Wait so does it start at full throttle and slow down as you push or does it start at 1/2 throttle and increases as you push down?

You have the right controller for 0-5k throttle and you have a 0-5k throttle, something doesn't add up.

RoscoP

Push pedal down 1"" or so and it starts at a very fast speed (don't know if it is full throttle). It even spins the tires on concrete and leaves black marks.

Keep pressing the pedal down and it slows down from that fast speed. Put it to the floor and it is running lots slower than when it first took off. At the floor it is running what would appears to me about 1/2 throttle.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well that's completely different than starting at half throttle. Look for the half speed reverse resistor in the harness, make sure that isn't connected anywhere at least for testing. Here is the wiring diagram:

Here is also a V glide diagram:
IMG_8094.PNG
Note the first resistor is 910 ohms, which is why that would be your first measurement above 0. Do you get a 0 ohm reading when you first push the pedal or is it no reading until it starts at 910? If you aren't getting a zero reading out of the V glide you need to make sure that the 0 ohm contact is clean, maybe that's what is throwing it off

RoscoP

When I first started testing (with the black and white wires disconnected from the micro-switches) many posts ago, I was getting a zero reading with no pedal. As I pushed it down, it started at 960 ohms and went up to 5000 ohms. Plugging and unplugging the black wire, the little half-speed reverse resistor connection broke in the black wire. I cut it out. What do I purchase to replace it?

RoscoP

When I first started testing (with the black and white wires disconnected from the micro-switches) many posts ago, I was getting a zero reading with no pedal. As I pushed it down, it started at 960 ohms and went up to 5000 ohms. Plugging and unplugging the black wire, the little half-speed reverse resistor connection broke in the black wire. I cut it out. What do I purchase to replace it?
Is the half-speed reverse resistor really necessary?

RoscoP

I cut the complete half-speed resistor out and replaced it with a solid black wire. NOW....the wire coming from the V-glide to the micro-switch is a solid black wire (no resistor).

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I cut the complete half-speed resistor out and replaced it with a solid black wire. NOW....the wire coming from the V-glide to the micro-switch is a solid black wire (no resistor).
Well that might just be your problem. The half speed circuit is either supposed to not be connected or be connected in series with the 5k ohm resistor. If you put a piece of wire in place of the resistor now you've created a short circuit.

RoscoP

I was not getting an ohm reading testing the V-Glide two days ago. Up until two days ago, I was getting a reading of 960 ohms to 5000 ohms. I discovered the half-speed resistor wire was broken. I replaced it with a solid black wire two days ago going from the V-glide to the Micro-Switch. The original problem exists and still does with my first post on March 4, 2024.

Where do I purchase the right size (what is the size) resistor for the half-speed circuit? When I put the resistor back in the black wire going from the V-glide to the Micro-switch, I will have the same problem (push pedal down 1/3 of the way and it takes off super-fast). It is very dangerous to drive!!!

RoscoP

I was not getting an ohm reading testing the V-Glide two days ago. Up until two days ago, I was getting a reading of 960 ohms to 5000 ohms. I discovered the half-speed resistor wire was broken. I replaced it with a solid black wire two days ago going from the V-glide to the Micro-Switch. The original problem exists and still does with my first post on March 4, 2024.

Where do I purchase the right size (what is the size) resistor for the half-speed circuit? When I put the resistor back in the black wire going from the V-glide to the Micro-switch, I will have the same problem (push pedal down 1/3 of the way and it takes off super-fast). It is very dangerous to drive!!!
Just looked on eBay at Ohmite Brown Devil B12J5K0, 5K Ohm 12-Watt Wire wound Power Resistor. What wattage do I need?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Are you sure you have the 3 wires in the correct location on the controller? See this curtis illustration, the pin closest to the rounded side of the controller J1 is the key wire. J2 and J3 are the V glide pins
IMG_3551.png
IMG_3550.png

RoscoP

I'll check the wiring to make sure it is right. Just looked on eBay at Ohmite Brown Devil B12J5K0, 5K Ohm 12-Watt Wire wound Power Resistor. What wattage do I need?

RoscoP

Golf Cart Wizard: Sorry haven't been around..........Had to have surgery. Now I'm back with some readings.

1. Bench tested V-glide: Works perfectly.........0-5000 ohm.
2. Soldered a new Resistor in the black wire, going to the micro-switch for the 1/2 speed circuit.
3. Checked ohms going into controller.........5000 ohms.
4. Motor and Controller wired correctly.

Pedal goes down 1 and 1/8" and the motor starts at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle spinning the tires on dirt and leaving black marks on pavement.

Checked all wiring and it is wired properly.

This is a mind blower..........Any other suggestion?

I'm thinking about buying another 36-Volt cart and putting my new batteries in it and using this trouble cart for parts.