2001 G19 Low Power in Forward, no Reverse

Livingmylife93

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Thanks in advance.

This will be kind of long, but ill do my best to keep it focused.

Short story - 2001 Yamaha G19e 48v surges with low power going forward, no reverse.

I recently bought this cart. From what I can tell it has a stock motor and controller. I have checked just about everything, but can't find a simple diagnosis to deem the controller as bad, and don't want to dump the money on a new one unless I'm sure.

- Cart was purchased with only 5 batteries hooked up (one had fallen and broke a post), surprisingly it ran and drove fine for a brief test drive.

- I purchased all new interstate batteries, and installed.

- Upon longer test drive, cart felt good and had lots of power. After a couple of minutes of driving, it would completely die. I'd flip the run/tow switch a couple times and wait, and it would come back.

- Replaced run tow switch, took it for a drive and it still happened. This time after it died, it eventually came back but with very low forward power. My only goal was to get it back to my garage at that point. I had to get out and hold the pedal down and help the cart get back at this point (gravel sloped driveway).

- After that, I found that shaking the wire harness near the solenoid would cause the cart to lose all power, no reverse buzzer, no response, no nothing. I found the fuse holder had been previously repaired and the wiring was breaking. I repaired this wiring and the cart no longer runs and completely lost power.

- After above repairs, the cart barely moves forward and the motor surges. I realized I lost reverse completely at this time.

- You can hear the motor/controller humming the same in reverse as it does in forward. Its trying.

I have checked the following based off of different posts on this site:
- Accelerator switch tests good, within range and smooth (seeing range of 250-5400, which is slightly out of range but smooth)
- F/R switch should be fine, activates reverse buzzer and tries to go forward...
- Key switch turns the cart on and off..
- Stop switch works, reads opened and closed.
- 50v pack voltage, new batteries
- All connections clean and tight
- The solenoid clicks (I'd appreciate a better test for this), has pack voltage.
- New run tow switch installed (installed a jumper here for testing purposes)
- The motor is getting voltage in both forward and reverse.
- Pulled motor, cleaned up commutator and checked brushes.(brushes are grooved and copper is worn but still makes good contact)
- Motor passed all tests on the plum quick testing page
- Followed testing procedures for motor, forward and reverse works smoothly with 12v applied.
- Reverse buzzer working, and comes on if the cart is rolled backwards.
- Resistance can be felt when trying to roll the cart (sometimes resistance feels stronger then other times)
- all batteries pass load test individually with handheld load tester
- Pack voltage stays around 49v when cart is trying to move
- There was an intermittent clicking noise in the rear of cart when driving, I haven't been able to diagnose yet.
- Cart has a lift and 20 inch tires
- The rear is not locked up, spins freely on and off the ground.

I appreciate the help, I work on alot of carts and have never spent so much time trying to figure one out before... This is my first Yamaha that required diagnosis though...