this is from another site and may or may not be precisely correct. but i personally believe it is true enough

these readings are only valid after resting at least 12 preferably 24 hrs
for the full pack
100% is 38.2 new and old batteries may not be capable of exactly 100%
90 is 37.85
50 is 37.31
for individual batt.s
100 = 6.37
90 = 6.31
50 = 6.05

NEVER operate the cart below 50%
permanent loss of capability and battery life will result

it is also preferable that all batt.V's are as close as possible to the same V
this is why you dont mix old and new

you are also aware that
immediately after charging pack V will be significantly higher than a 12 hr rest measurement
immediately after using pack V will be significantly lower than a 12 hr rest measurement

Thank you for all this information.

Jeff10456

Thank you for all this information.
i just bought an 04 EZGO cart this march to use for playing golf
i am an electrician so i know a good deal about electricity

but no more than anyone else about batteries until this year after i began researching, gathering, and storing info for myself
google the different major battery brands and search their sites
some of them are a wealth of info about battery use, charging, and storing

In case anyone was wondering, replacing the rest of the battery pack did get the cart moving.

HOWEVER, something smells HOT when driving the cart. I haven't identified the source; is this normal on older electric carts?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
In case anyone was wondering, replacing the rest of the battery pile did get the cart moving.

HOWEVER, something smells HOT when driving the cart. I haven't identified the source; is this normal on older electric carts?
Is this a resistor cart or does it have a controller? When you drive resistor carts slow (you shouldn’t do this continuously) instead of reducing the voltage electronically in the controller it just wastes all the extra battery power as heat in the resistor coils. If you drive slow the resistors will get burning hot from dissipating hundreds of amps into heat.