Club Car Motor Rebuild Question

Bobby Majors

I have a 2000 Club Car DS that I have rebuilt with new parts. It has a GE motor and a GE controller! I had the GE controller rebuilt and installed new batterys 48 volt. I replaced the multi step potentiometer, and the speed sensor on the end of the motor. The cart runs but real slow. My question is could the motor be the problem of it running so slow. MABY THE MOTOR NEEDS TO BE GONE THRU.?

BurlyDeer

Doesn’t sound like a motor problem, but anything is possible. Usually motor performance issues are brush related and present as intermittent or jerky. If you have consistent power and it’s just slow I’d suspect something else. There are some electric cart gurus on here that can walk you through troubleshooting with much more confidence than I can though.

Notsoslim

Check the speed sensor connection. I had unplugged the speed sensor when I was changing suspension on my DS and forgot to plug it back in. I drove the cart about 1/2 mile and then it slowed down and was very slow. I pulled over and plugged it in the cart took off and drove like it should. It is my understanding that the controller goes into limp mode with no signal from the speed sensor. If the connection is good and no improvment I would put the old sensor on it to see if that does it.

Bobby Majors

I have checked all the connections on the cart can't find any loose. with a new potentiometer and a new speed sensor. could the on board computer be a problem. I think it may be bad because I rebuilt the charger and the cart will not charge. could that affect the speed of the cart. the batterys have 47 volts showing tester. ?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I have checked all the connections on the cart can't find any loose. with a new potentiometer and a new speed sensor. could the on board computer be a problem. I think it may be bad because I rebuilt the charger and the cart will not charge. could that affect the speed of the cart. the batterys have 47 volts showing tester. ?
OBC will shut down the cart entirely if the lockout circuit is bad. Sometimes the lockout will work but the charge circuit is bad which could explain why the golf cart won’t charge. If your batteries only have 47 volts with no load that would explain why it runs so slow.

Bobby Majors

I have replaced the OBC with no difference, The cart runs slow in forward but picks up speed in reverse. The controller is a rebuilt 48volt 220/20a plug sx controller. What is a higher amp controller that will fit this cart.