Brake Light Not Working

Rjuarez

Hello all,

Newbie here I bought a 2014 Club car Precedent 6 seater electric. I am looking to add/activate a brake light. I pulled up the floor and the wires are ran and the pedal was plugged in however it did not work. Any ideas of where to tap into to the brake pedal/pad to work? Is there somewhere to tap into in the front of the car?

Please help thank you in advance.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The pressure pad has probably gone bad like they always do, try plugging the two wires with bullet connectors on the golf cart end together, if the brake lights turn on it's the pad. You would either need a new one or get a mechanical brake switch

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
See if you have voltage when measuring between the red and black wires on the golf cart end. If not, there is a relay behind the dash that turns off the brake lights with the key off. This may be the culprit, test for voltage coming into the relay and 48v across the two coil terminals with the key on. Also make sure you have continuity through the circuit breaker/fuse if there is one in the pedal box

Rjuarez

Thank you, so no power at the red and black wire from the car side. What would that relay look like? Sorry I have the dash open I see the box I just added for the blinkers, and what not.

Rjuarez

How do I test this and are these the correct wires sorry this is a used cart and I’m new to this 100%
IMG_0222.jpeg

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
There is nothing connected to the coil terminals to turn the relay on
IMG_2808.JPG

Not sure where the wires are that are supposed to go there, maybe the red and orange? The wires should give you 48v with the key on. Alternatively you could just connect the blue and green wires together and then you will have brake lights regardless of key position