2010 EZGO MPT1200 Keeps Turning Over

SgtBryan86

Got this MPT back in the shop due to the motor continuing to turn over after stopping. Only way to get it to stop is by pulling the plug wire. Replaced both the pedal micro and the solenoid, but the problem persists. Local dealer had the same issue and suggested the solenoid after they threw parts at the one they had, with the micro being the first thing they replaced. The only other part I can think it being is the ignition switch.

Any input is always appreciated!

BurlyDeer

Keyswitch is easy enough to check. If that’s not it, I’d look into checking the voltage regulator. I had a TXT with this problem. I checked all the normal culprits first, as you have. Voltage regulator was wired correctly but faulty. Replaced and it ran as advertised.

BurlyDeer

Also, if you replaced the solenoid, I’d double check the voltage regulator wiring itself. Lots of tiny wires down there and even when you’ve done it a lot sometimes experience breeds complacency. I’ve wired some up hot like that before myself. Makes for and interesting experience when all four tires are on the ground and the cart is in gear😑

SgtBryan86

I’m the opposite with electrical. I hardly deal with it, and I suck at it. I had to grab another cart as a template lol.