2004 Club Car DS No Gas Flow

RobBahr

After sitting for the winter, the cart won’t pull gas from the tank. I’ve pulled the fuel line, no blockage. Replaced all fuel lines (with correct sizes), fuel filters, fuel pump, fuel vent assembly, carburetor, gas cap, spark plug and air filter. Still can’t get fuel from the tank. There’s compression as there’s pull when taking off the hose from the carb to the filter and also when pulling the spark plug. I’m at a complete loss, doesn’t make sense. There’s no repair facilities close by so I’m stuck, any suggestions would be helpful.

RobBahr

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that valve is turned on. I replaced the straw part that goes down into the tank, it’s brand new.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Are you sure the hoses are going to the correct ports on the fuel pump? And is there pulse on the crankcase line? Also are you sure the fuel is the culprit? There isn't any gas flow if you disconnect the carb line? Have you tried siphoning fuel from the tank output line? The shutoff valves can go bad or clog up too.

RobBahr

Yes, I have triple checked the hoses from the fuel pump. There is pulse from the crankcase but it seem light to me however I wouldn’t know what it’s supposed to be like to begin with. The line from the tank to the fuel pump has a fuel filter which you can see has no fuel passing through. I have not tried siphoning any fuel and did not replace the shutoff valve. By siphoning, would they keep the flow of gas continuing?

Todd T

Cartaholic
When you disconnect the fuel line at the carb, the new fuel pump is not pumping gas through the line?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Yes, I have triple checked the hoses from the fuel pump. There is pulse from the crankcase but it seem light to me however I wouldn’t know what it’s supposed to be like to begin with. The line from the tank to the fuel pump has a fuel filter which you can see has no fuel passing through. I have not tried siphoning any fuel and did not replace the shutoff valve. By siphoning, would they keep the flow of gas continuing?
You can’t always see the fuel flowing in the filters so I wouldn’t use that as an indication. The crankcase pulse is usually pretty weak so I don’t think that is your culprit. By siphoning I just mean try to push fuel through the lines with something, maybe seal of the tank cap area so you can pressurize with compressed air or you could use a vacuum bleeder like for brakes and try to force the fuel through, if it won’t go start disconnecting things until you find a blockage.

RobBahr

You can’t always see the fuel flowing in the filters so I wouldn’t use that as an indication. The crankcase pulse is usually pretty weak so I don’t think that is your culprit. By siphoning I just mean try to push fuel through the lines with something, maybe seal of the tank cap area so you can pressurize with compressed air or you could use a vacuum bleeder like for brakes and try to force the fuel through, if it won’t go start disconnecting things until you find a blockage.
I see what you mean. Could be a case where I should have filled the lines with gas prior to hooking them all back up? I’m just wondering if the void within themselves is what causing the issue? With replacing all the fuel lines, the fuel pump and carburetor, where else could there be a blockage?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I see what you mean. Could be a case where I should have filled the lines with gas prior to hooking them all back up? I’m just wondering if the void within themselves is what causing the issue? With replacing all the fuel lines, the fuel pump and carburetor, where else could there be a blockage?
You said you didn't replace the shutoff valve, also just cause you have new parts doesn't mean they're good. Could be trapped air preventing flow so trying to force the fuel would rule that out and confirm if there is a blockage

RobBahr

You said you didn't replace the shutoff valve, also just cause you have new parts doesn't mean they're good. Could be trapped air preventing flow so trying to force the fuel would rule that out and confirm if there is a blockage
No, didn’t replace the valve but since you mentioned they could get clogged, I took it off and blown it out, still not gas flow. I’ll try force the fuel and see what I get to happen, thanks.

RobBahr

Just an update, I ended up ordering a completely different fuel pump. I went with a plastic model who's orientation is different from the metal one but thought I'd give it a shot. Works perfectly, fuel immediately started to draw from the tank. I don't know if it was the difference between the metal and plastic or that the metal one I purchased was defective. All I know is that this giant headache is behind me. I appreciate the help!