You got toys

GarageBuilt

Been out to the barn looking for a few projects to work on.. I pulled up some of my old toys..

Im also looking for any help ideas suggestions makes modles manufactures... The popgun glove & truck was my dads...These toys are around 80 years old.. The ones of mine are around 45-years old.. Im thinking fulley restored .... Yes No... What do yuo think.... The toys look rough but are 100% intact...

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i'd like to take on the scooter and mini bike
yes.gif
have a 72 Tecumseh 7hp from my old bike i've been thinkin' about rebuildin' that would fit well. can Media Blast them and paint em any color under the sun.

Ol Jake

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
My
twocents.gif
.....if your gonna keep them for yourself, fix em up. If you think you may want too one day sell them, let em like they are.

Once you alter them in any way the true antique value is gone, buit you already knew that..
yes.gif

dazed053.gif

GarageBuilt

OL Jake. Thanks for your
twocents.gif
... But I would never sale a toy....
no.gif
My toys have no money value to me.... Just sentimental value.. I have a barn full of them Plus I know that one day me celling will cave in on top of me & my wife from all the toys that belongs to our kids that we have kept from day one... BJ's First toy every from Santa Claus at the age of 5 months old was a Walt Disney roller coaster made by Mattel... Got it... Still works & in the orignal package... Priceless.... We old guys all know of the cox airplain that flew around & around in the air on a string.... But I have a cox car that done the same thing but on the ground... Also still in the box... Original Transformers from the 1970's.. Toys Toys Toys.... For the most part they make for damn good conversations....

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
shes in nice shape, i'd strip her, blast it, two part epoxy sealer put it back to the original color. the rubber looks good from here, Yes? any colors you want otherwise. i restore old farm tractors, gas pumps, trucks etc. not many pictures, most guys made me sign papers that i wouldn't put pics on the net
rolleyes.gif
this truck thread has a few, still waitin' on the ole boy to drop some more cash off before i put it back together
rotflmao.gif
thumbdown.gif

oddpowers

Cartaholic
some good powder coat, would be nice. Thats a cool looking scooter GB. I have an old 50's tricycle, I'm gonna redo. Not worth much, but will look nice on the shelf with my other stuff.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
I have guns that my father and grandfather owned. But guns or toys, I would not refinish anything they owned. When I touch them, I want to touch the same surface they touched. I want to see and touch the same scratch they saw and touched. The same scratch they put upon the object. But that's just me.
dazed053.gif

GarageBuilt

blahblah.gif
Talk is cheep.... but I got some friends that need my help.... Does your price cover just your paint & labor ..... Or Can I win my class with pre 1960 100% restored toys ...

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
You ask so i was talkin'
dazed053.gif
you need to refresh my memory with the price deal. to be the best its gonna need rubber replacement and thats gonna be a 100 for sure.

GarageBuilt

I'm going to send you this one also... Where will you find new rubber
dazed053.gif
I'll see what I can find out.. I have a nephew that is big time into John Deer peddel tractors.. I have heard of him talk about tires before..