Yamaha Vibrating/Growling

yamacarter

I just bought this cart for my parents lake club and will be going thru it soon and fixing it up. I hope this site can help me out w/ the repairs it needs. The cart starts and runs but sounds like somthing is vibrating/growling in the clutch or rear end. I have not been able to look at it yet. Its clean for the age of it and has been maintained each year the prev. owner has had it. Here is a pic of it on its way home.

ogbfip.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

Once you get a better idea where the noise is coming from let us know. I'd start with making sure the clutches are in good shape and working properly.

yamacarter

Yes, I only have had it since yest. and have not looked at it yet, just took it for a spin. In the grass it was down on power a bit, but fine on the pavement. It makes a growning sound, and I noticed a little bit of gear lube dripping on the pass rear hub cap. I did look at the primary clutch, should the outer part move in and out by hand? This one does. Thanks for the replys,
Nick

yamacarter

I have replace bearings on snowmobiles before but never on a cart. Is there any tips anyone can share. What all do I need to remove and replace the axel bearings? Do I just remove the tires and breaks and can get to the cups or retainers w/ the unit still in the cart? Or is there a online service manual I can download?