Yamaha Lift Kit

tyco

I just put a Jakes 6" spindle lift on a 2006 Yamaha G22 gas,new springs and shocks on front and heavy duty rear springs,my problem is the steering ! it is terrible,loose and hard to control,basically it is all over the road.Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so,is there is a fix ?
Any info would really help ! Thanks

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
That's an inherent problem because the axle shaft is forward of the king pin centerline. Best you can do is keep playing with the toe, either in or out until it handles the best.:twocents:

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Yes sir, they handle piss poor. Only one that doesn't feel like it's going to roll is TXT.
If you stand next to driver side and turn steering wheel you can watch the body raise as you turn. Only problem with that is it leans the cart towards the side that it would rollover in turn. Gotta love it.

tyco

Guess I probably should have asked some questions before I did this,was going to go with the long arm lift from Jakes but because of the cost,I went the other direction Well Crap !!!! Thanks guy's for the info I will be messing with it to see what I can do