YAmaha golf cart with 600cbr honda

Gerrrrry1965

THis is my first golf cart i've ever worked on Im used to working on cars. I have the motor in place and was wondering if anybody had any experience with this sort of drivetrain. When I figure out how to put pictures up I will lol being it is a yamaha I figured I could install a sprocket similar to a quads rear end but a local shop told me it wouldnt work... ??? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also im a very visual learner so pictures would be great

Gerrrrry1965

YEa the tranny is on the engine. The carts differential had been removed except for the axle housings and axles. The previous owner had planned to make it like a quad chain driven to a sprocket where the axles would slide into. I was told this wouldn't work.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
As long as you don't use the golf cart transmission, you can use a quad type rear sprocket and the gearing will be fine. If you use a golf cart transaxle, you'll need to use a jack shaft so you can reverse the reduction from running two transmissions. The 1st way will be the most efficient but won't have reverse. Depends on how you're gonna use the cart and how fast you wanna go.
thumbup.gif
tip.gif

Gerrrrry1965

I dont know why it isnt showing pictures this time kinda pissed but cbeck them out let me know if I should modify anything before getting ahead of myself

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
i think a fella would be better off to skip the tubes and run a straight axle like DS said, mount some pillow blocks and lockable drive sprocket and brake rotor hubs
twocents.gif

Gerrrrry1965

I was going to find a quad radiator and electric fan to be able to get water in it but in the mean time I was looking at wiring diagrams and my harness and I was wondering what components are actually necessary to get the motor to run. I was told I might need the instrument clusters to be able to start it but I sure hope not. Also being a california model it has emission crap tied in it is there an exceptable way of bypassing it.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
so your saying you have a full harness and cdi box? i would fire the thing up and see what ya got, you can aways run a water hose to it if it does fire.

Gerrrrry1965

HAving a hard time figuring which switches to by pass to get the thing to turn. So far I bypassed a side stand switch, a clutch switch, and the ignition switch, I have the starter switch cut so when I join them it should turn. The only thing I may be forgeting is the neutral switch but havent found it yet im guessing just ground it right? Anybody have any experience with this give me some direction please!!!