Yamaha Golf Cart Brake Cable Adjustment

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
Soo today I decided to work on adjusting my grandfathers carts brake pedal cable on his Yamaha golf cart. His was loose and had way to much play. So the only way you can get to the adjustment is you have to take off the floor mat which is held on by some dumb plasic plugs, then under that is a steel plate door. Then I started to adjust which is usally a simple process well... not when the nut is keyed and wont turn unless you unhook the cable that has a coter pin! After 2 hours.. yes 2 hours!! I got it brake pedal absolutely prefect.

Why didn't yamaha do a simple idea of adjusting their brake cable like club car? It take me 2 minutes to adjust them on my cart. :mad:

spriddle

Post Decoder
Humm. I've adjusted hundreds of these under the cart and takes about 30 sec's. No disconnecting anything. Not sure if electrics are different than gas or not, but it is usually a simple task.
unsure.gif

spriddle

Post Decoder
I don't know but I would like to see a pic of this (both top and underneath the cart) to see what differences there are. ;)

Tha_Rooster

Advanced Member
It might have been easier to work from under the cart but with like 5" of ground clearance that was about impossible since I was at his house and without my jack stands. I'll try and snap some pictures some time. Its just a hassle with that mat they used with those plastic snap ons.