Yamaha G8E Golf Cart Battery Rack

triumph_tech

I just picked up a beat Yamaha 1994 G8E golf cart. At some point the owner removed the original battery rack, probably because it was rotted, and stuck a piece of plywood in its place. Also because he didn't want to spend the money on 6 new batteries he stuck 3 car batteries in their place. I want to weld up a new rack and go back to the correct batteries but there isn't enough of the old one left for me to see exactly what it looked like or attached to the cart frame. Anyone have a picture of a Yamaha G8E battery rack or some measurements to go by? It doesn't look like the rack was ever available as a part from Yamaha. I have built racks for an EZGO and for a Club Car but this is my first Yamaha.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I think the Yamaha G8 battery racks are similar to EZGO TXT. I don't have exact measuements but I'll take a look in the shop tomorrow to see if I have any information. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

triumph_tech

Thanks, I was able to find a diagram of the battery layout but it doesn't show the rack itself or the proper attachment points. With the weight (and expense) of six Trojan batteries I really want to get it right. The previous owner really butchered what was left of the rack.
battery.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I looked in the Yamaha G8E parts manual and it doesn't have a clear picture of the battery rack. The only thing I can see is each battery has a separate plate across the top of the battery as a hold down. If you're not in a hurry hang on until @Zman see this thread he may be able to give you more information on the battery rack.

triumph_tech

I'm not in a big hurry, there is plenty of other things to do on this cart before it's actually ready to use. There is a bunch of welding on the frame I have to do, the seat back mounts are broken out and the body is coming off and going to my friend at the body shop for a repaint. I'm having a tough time finding parts and accessories for the G8, not like the G9 or G14.

TXWELDER

I just reinstalled batteries in my G8E, I wish I had read this yesterday! Attached is a picture of all of my old batteries installed. Hopefully based on battery dimensions and layout you can formulate a plan.

Attachments

• BATTERIES.jpg
    BATTERIES.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 5